United Kingdom | Manufacturing
Compounding Machine Operator
Closing date: 2022-06-30 59:59:59
By operating in an efficient manner, contribute to the achievement of the production targets as set out in the capacity plan, and other targets as set by the Production Shift Managers or your Team Leader.
- To label and position compounding vessels correctly onto the C1, C3 or DS compounding machines, in accordance with the outstanding orders schedule.
- To produce stock control reports using the Fricke batch management system, and by liaising with the stock controllers, ensure stock levels are accurately maintained on whichever machine you are responsible for machine.
- To complete the handover log for the following shift and Operations Management
- To ensure the compounding machine is used to full capacity and that batches are always available for completion by the manual compounding team.
- To accurately position vessels on the compounding machines.
- To check and accurately labels all vessels for identification.
- Ensure vessels are placed onto the machine in accordance with the outstanding orders schedule and customer requirements.
- To produce stock control reports and liaise with the Stock Controller and Shift Managers to replenish the machine, and to highlight any problems which could cause production issues.
- To ensure that the machine is kept clean at all times.
- To ensure the machine is maintained as per agreed schedule and be able to make minor adjustments and repairs in co-ordination with the Team Leader and Facilities co-ordinator.
- Ensure any parts required or used are notified correctly
- To charge the batteries on the lifting equipment and ensure said equipment is maintained in good order.
- To produce agreed reports on a daily basis to the management team.
- Work as a member of the compounding team and contribute to the goals and objectives of that team, as communicated by your Team Leader, or the Shift Manager.
- Prevention of contamination by ensuring all equipment used is clean and dry.
- Reductions of the risk of injury by ensuring all work areas are clean, tidy and safe.
- You are responsible for your own and your colleague’s safety.
- Operation of the FIFO system, and report any spillage or compounding errors, to ensure accurate stock levels.
A minimum of safety glasses, safety boots and protective clothing to be worn within the production areas.
Any other PPE as recommended depending on the raw material being used.
Report all dangers identified within the workplace to your Team Leader, Shift Manager or the Health and Safety Manager.
Report all problems encountered that will stop production of a batch to your Team Leader or the Shift Manager.
Report any compounding errors to your Shift Manager or the Quality Control department.
Report any spillage of materials to your Team leader or the Stock Controller.
Produce and communicate any reports designated in Key Responsibilities above.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive and that additional duties may be required, from time to time, as necessary.
At least 2 years’ experience working in a fragrance / flavours manufacturing environment or on dosing machines (i.e. food processing)
Skills and Knowledge
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Excellent self-motivation with the ability to work on one’s own
- Good IT skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX will be an advantage
- Excellent Numeracy & communication skills
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with attention to detail
- Good time management
- FLT License
Must display and demonstrate attitudes in line with the Company Values