Facilities Management Coordinator
Closing Date Closed: 2020-10-12
The Facilities management coordinator will be responsible to maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment.
The role will include checking devices, structures and systems (e.g. HVAC, building maintenance) on a regular basis and identify needs for repairs. You will also coordinate with external vendors, and conduct cost analyses when purchasing new items or services.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Contact person for all facility related issues / concerns / repairs for follow up and action.
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems. Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs and ensure minor malfunctions in office equipment are fixed.
- Communicate and liaise directly with departments to coordinate maintenance and repairs.
- Renewal of annual maintenance contracts and action service reports including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, forklifts, fire system, ventilators, crawford doors, scales, GC machine and compressors.
- Ensure timely completion of preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensure that factory consumables and sundry purchases are ordered and delivered on time. Generate and maintain the purchase orders and vendor contracts.
- Follow up with suppliers on invoice discrepancies and non-conformances.
- Operate and manage waste management processes and contracts including acetone, vials, empty drums and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Conduct market research and compare costs and benefits when evaluating new vendors
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses.
- Available to be assigned on-call after business hours and respond to emergency situations as necessary.
- Adhere to the quality, environmental, health and safety standards of the company.
- Other tasks as directed by the General Manager.
Skills & attributes required
- Degree in related discipline
- Excellent English communication skills – Essential
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar role - Essential
- Strong knowledge of facilities management operations, purchasing, vendor negotiations experience – Essential
- The ability to use Microsoft Office – Essential
- Trakhees FZIO accreditation - advantageous
- Understanding of safety regulations in office – advantageous
- Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly during emergencies
- A friendly / helpful attitude and good time management
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Must be able to function well in a high-intensity, constant changing environment.